Monday, October 02, 2006

Sometimes I really miss....

Living on Bribie Island........ I come across a heap of photos I took one morning of the Pelicans on Bribie... And realized just how much I miss living there. I miss the lifestyle, the weather and just how friendly the locals are... I also miss Keenan's school.... A FANTASTIC school... And of course I miss my family... (Marks parents)
I miss waking up every morning and smelling summer... You know that smell.. I miss George... My bird whom we couldn't bring back with us and most of all I miss driving over the bridge every morning as I took Keenan to school... I love that bridge..

Sorry about the sad post... I guess some photo can just do that to you......




Take care....

C.....xxxx

4 comments:

judee d said...

Connie,
You can come visit with me any time. I know I'm not part of your parents but maybe a subsitute if you need anything....... Even just a friendly smile. come see me I'll try to help.
love the photo and I can understand why you miss Bribie. I used to holiday in Caboolture all the time when I was young...many many moons ago. That was BEFORE the bridge. Yes that long ago.
Bribie is a lovely spot. I know you don't like the area you are living, but I believe it is close to Mark's work and you do so much for the business and for Arty Pants so don't even think of leaving us..... Maybe a holiday to Bribie may fix it?????
Keep smiling
and of course healthy.
Judee

jilly said...

Oh Connie, we went to Bribie Island last weekend and it was just magical! Where abouts are you now???

Julie said...

That pic looks beautiful. No wonder you miss the place.

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie,
What a lovely description and a gorgeous photo. I'm feeling homesick for Bribie Island too and I've never even been there!
We used to regularly stay in a holiday house in Maroochydore and I miss going there, it's a gorgeous part of the world.
You'll have to come and live in Patterson Lakes. We have beautiful Carrum beach, stunning riverside and pelicans (not to mention very friendly neighbours *wink*).
Take care
Wx