Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I am so inspired....

from the FREE mag we got with For Keeps this month... I Can Make It Myself!!......
that i decided to make a pillow...lol.....

Now i am NOT a sewer...lol.... the most i have ever done is a Happy Jacket in high school... which was very sad and sewing on my layouts!!!....

So yesterday i sat down and watched "Simply Quilts" on the How to Channel to get some tips!!!

This morning i was up nice and early and decided to give it a go....


And i must say i am sooooo proud of myself!!!... check out my very first pillow!!!... Made for Jorja's room!!!.....now dont laugh... :)





Very simple.. i know... but its my first go... so tell me what you think!!!!


I have been busy catching up with all my scrapping deadlines... and i just made my Scrapbooking 4 Less DT deadline by a couple of hours.... BOY!!!...

So i cant share much scrapping wise today...


A few weeks ago Wendy from Paper Doll started a little tag swap on her blog.... such a great idea... Yesterday in the mail i received the most STUNNING tags from Kim... my god they a beautiful.... Thanks so much Kim and thanks Wendy for organising this little swap!!!


I have yet to take a photo so i will share next time.. along with my tag i sent out!!!!


So all i can share is one layout with you today... This one i whipped up one night while Mark's Mum was here... i was really hanging for a scrapping fix!!!...


Well thats all from me....
Take care...
C....xxxxx

5 comments:

judee d said...

Ooooh I am so glad you're back in blog land. I have missed reading all about you.
How is the house?
How is the family?
Are they all still smiling?
What have you been up to since you haven't been blogging?
What places did you visit?
Come on tell us all the News?
I just love the pillow, now you have another talent.
Can't wait to see the next challenge.
Keep smiling and healthy
l
Judy

Deb said...

OMG - Connie - not only can you scrap but you can sew too :)

And that lo is awesome

Shame about the Tigers last week :)

Luv 'n hugs
TD xoxoxo

Katie Toland said...

Love the pillow. Great stuff. So very talented.

Ruey said...

What a lovely layout!!! It's truly beautiful. And well done on your first cushion....I guarantee you that I can not produce anything like that if I sat down at a sewing machine...my MIL thinks it's hilarious I use her sewing machine on my layouts. LOL

Crissy Gaylor said...

Love the pillow Connie! :)