Monday, April 30, 2007

Proud MUM here.....

Keenan had a Golf challenge yesterday at his golf course... A skill test...Held by the Junior PGA.
All ages groups could enter and Eric Keenan's coach thought it would be a good idea for Keenan to give it a go!...
Keenan is a LOT smaller than most kids his age and a hell of a lot smaller than his peers in his Golf class... So Keenan has always lacked that confidence... For the past year he has been playing golf he has had to watch all the "big" kids hit the ball a lot further than he can... and he has has a lot of trouble understanding why he cant hit like them!!
Keenan is the youngest in his Saturday golf class by 3 years.... anyway... The skills test!!...
I was so proud of him...he played so well... He gave it his BEST shot.. hit all the best shots he could and he was the only 8 year old there! He hit a score of 11 /50.. which gave my boy a bronze medal... I am so proud of him.....i had tears in my eyes as Eric congratulated him on a job well done.. and other parents... parents i have never met or seen before coming up to him and telling him what a great job he done and how his a GREAT little golfer... The smile on Keenan's face was priceless... a smile that i will never forget and that will stay with me for ever.
Now i didn't take my camera.. so no photos... but i don't need any i will never forget this moment... The look of confidence in his eyes... the pure HAPPINESS.....
Keenan may never be the next Tiger Woods... but i don't care... i just want him to be happy, to have fun... to enjoy this wonderful sport... I am so proud of you Keenan so proud of the little man you are.
Sorry to ramble on... but i just wanted to record this moment... maybe my first non-photo scrapbook page.....thanks for listening..... :)

I hope you all have a had a great weekend..... i have updated my photo blog with a shoot i done last friday... link in side bar ------->

Take care

C...xxx

3 comments:

welcome to my world said...

How wonderful.
You must be so releieved that Keean enjoys a sport that will never cause him a serious injury like footy or soccer. Im so anxious to see what sport coby will get involved in.
Love the new pix.:)

judee d said...

Congratulations Keenan, I know your Mum is so proud of you and so she should be, but believe me, I am just so happy that you love your sport and do you very very best.
Congratulations Connie, on being such a proud mum and loving every minute of it. As a mum we only ever want only the very best for our kids, but if they are happy so are we. Well most of us mums are like that.
Keep smiling and healthy
l
Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie,
I've got tears in my eyes from reading about Keenan's golf. What a little champ!
Wx