Saturday, October 06, 2007

a just because post...

Just got home from another FANTASTIC crop night at Paper Doll... love it when i get the chance to go... and tonight was perfect.. Mark was home early from work for a change so i got to cook dinner early!!!!
I only got one layout finished.. will sort off.. just need to add a couple of bits that i have left at home... and i started to "plan" another..lol....
Will share tomorrow!!!
Thanks Wendy for another great night!!!!

Last night we went out for Dinner with some friends.. The Springvale RSL... nice dinner, GREAT company but not such a GOOD show..lol.. Remember Wilbur from Hey Hey it's Saturday.. well he was playing, singing and trying so hard to be funny.. but was so NOT... thank god it was a FREE show..lol... most people walked out!!!.. Really bad!!!

Onto some stitching... I am really enjoying my new found hobby... like i need another one...Yesterday i made Jorja a Apron... i designed the pattern myself.. so its a Connie original...lol.. not that hard really...But i am so happy it worked and it FITS her... perfect... The photos are not that good... Jorja was NOT in the mood to model for mummy today....but you get the idea... The apron is fully lined with the same fabric as the front pocket!!!




And i thought i would share with you my next projects... As i have said before my aim here is to one day make a quilt (for Jorja's bed).. but i am starting off small and working my way up..as I'm so very new to this...

So i have started this Christmas table runner for my Christmas table.. I picked up this pack from a cute Quilting shop i found while up in Yarrawonga.. i had to buy it...
I have started this and i have all most finished the embroidery panel.. i will share when I'm done.. and then onto the quilting....



Project number too.. is also Christmas themed...lol... When i saw these little Santa's i just had to have them.. The lady put together a kit for me so i have everything ready to go.. I brought this pack from the Craft Fair i went to a few weeks ago....



Ok think its my bed time now...lol....hope i haven't bored you all too much!!!..lol.

only 23 more sleeps until CROP FOR A CURE!!!!...

have a great weekend..

Connie...xxxx

6 comments:

Vesna said...

I second everything you said about crop night a Wendy's last night. I am so glad I went.

The apron looks fab. You are very talented. Can't wait to see your christmas table runner when it's finished. And don't those santas look great.

Vesna
x

Karen said...

Not fair - you girls had a great time last night while I sat and did accounts! The apron is cute - it really suits Jorja. The quilting shop in Yarrawonga is great - the lady who ons it and I catch up a couple of times a year to talk quilts and scrapping.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Connie love reading your blog and looking at your beautiful work look forward to meeting you at Crop for a Cure not long to go now..

Cindy

Anonymous said...

It was a good night, wasn't it?

Can't wait for crop for a cure, is going to be an awesome day!

Hopefully see you at crop nite next fortnight.

Amy x

Melissa Goodsell said...

*drool* I LOVE the apron, I've been going to make one for my Bella but so far haven't got around to it. It just looks THAT cute Connie.
Melx

Megan said...

Hi Connie,

That apron looks fabulous! I think Jorja makes a great model too, even if she wasn't in the mood!

What a shame Wilbur was a dud too....I always loved him on HHIS.

Megan xx