Monday, October 01, 2007

SEWING AWAY!!!

Well its a official... i now have the sewing bug.. BIG TIME.... i have been to Spotlight twice over the weekend...lol... picking up more yummy fabrics and little bits that i don't have..
I love that shop!!

So in between the BIG footy weekend... GO CATS.. and GO STORM...with catching up with friends, looking after kids, doing general house work i managed to make one smock top for Jorja, whip up a pin cushion.. just because and try my hand at applique.. (which i have never done before).. so here goes.....




a old pumpkin patch t shirt of Jorja's...just jazzed it up a bit!! what do you think??
some parts are a bit ruff around the edges... but Happy with my first go!!!




My first go at a smock... i love this so much... Jorja has already worn it with Jeans and a pink long sleeve top underneath (should have taken a photo) and Mark asked me where i brought that top from..lol... he didn't believe me when i told him i made it!!... so proud... again some bits are a bit how you going.. but i can only get better... this pattern was taken from a link over at Mel Goodsells blog if you want to check it out!!!



and my very sad looking pin cushion....lol......

And can i ask all my blogger friends today to say a little prayer for my Grandfather... Gramps (as we call him) is in hospital.. problems with his heart.. He is having more tests today to see if he will need an operation to have a pace maker put in... so please put him in your prays...
I went in yesterday to see him.. He was in great spirits and really loved seeing the kids...hopefully will find out more today...

I hope you all have a great Monday...

Connie....xxx

5 comments:

Megan said...

Wow Connie, these look fantastic! You have been sewing like crazy haven't you?!

And yes, I'll keep your Gramps in my thoughts and prayers...I hope they get his heart sorted out and he can be back home soon.

Megan xx

judee d said...

Just love the sewing items you have made. You'll be setting up shop soon.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May he have the strength needed for his health and his happiness.
Keep smiling and healthy
l
Judy

Jody White said...

What a fantastic job you have done, who would think you have only just started sewing.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo Connie,
Gee you are fantastic for someone that is a beginnner, you must be a natural.
Deb Ross

wendy treseder said...

Sorry to read about your Gramps. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Hope it all turns out okay.

I can't get over your sewing, wow!!! You are amazing, I can't wait to see Jorja modelling her smock, very cute.
Wx