Friday, September 28, 2007

Now who is a COPYCAT!!!

I AM THAT'S WHO....lol....

Over the last month or so i have head over heels fallen in love with Mel Goodsell's blog...
Not only is her scrapping so inspiring but her sewing skills just AMAZE me....
I have always wanted to learn how to sew.. and i have shown a few little things i have made this past year... (remember my Bunny's and first pillow) and the other week my first bag....
Mel's blog makes me want to sew...i stalk her everyday.. lol.. (sorry Mel but i do) just hanging to see what she has made next!!
Last night i popped over and she had made a little nappy, dress and head band for her daughters Monkey... OMG too cute... so i just had to make one for Jorja's CPK...

I used the pattern that i got from Mel's blog for the nappy and they tried oh so hard to copy her little dress... now that was the hard bit... never have sewn without a pattern before... the nappy only took 15mins tops.. but that itty bitty tiny dress took me over an hour...lol...

so anyway here is my go... I really hope you don't mind Mel that i copied you right down to the last detail.... SORRY.....



Its not finished yet and Velcro needs to be added... i don't have any on hand....

Be sure to pop over the Mel's blog and check out her work.. you will be amazed!!....

Yesterday i dragged the kids around spotlight for over two hours...lol... im such a mean mummy.. i just didn't know where to start.. what to buy... so much fun..
I picked out a couple of fabrics to start me off...




I plan on making a skirt for Jorja out of the strawberry fabric.. just so cute... not sure what to do with the other YET!!!

Its such a cold windy and rainy day here in Melbourne i just plan on hanging out in my nice warm house.. maybe do a bit of sewing....

Thank so very much Mel for sharing your wonderful art with us all... i love it!!
May have to make your blog my home pages...lol.. (only kidding)

Have a great weekend.....

GO CATS!!!!

Connie....xxxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*blush* you're very very sweet Connie :O)
I just love how the outfit has turned out, it looks so different in a different fabric doesn't it!!
Loving the new fabric too, I could look at pics of fabric all day long :O)
Melx

Megan said...

Mel's certainly an inspiration isn't she Connie?!

You've done a great job on the CP outfit - it's perfect!

Megan xx

Jody White said...

You are very clever. Even if you did copy you still have to put it together.

Look forward to seeing your other projects.